Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh, the Emotion of it All!

My love affair with sewing is in year 30-- I never would have predicted I would one day own a fabric shop (along with my friend, Dawn) and be able to "spread the love"! I get such a kick out of watching a new sewer get excited about stitching up her first project. Even better when she brings it by the shop for a little Show 'n Tell! The cool thing is veteran sewers (or sewists, if you prefer!) get that very same look on their face when they're strutting their stuff. Especially when they've stitched it for someone they love. I remember taking a doll-making class just so I could make a Raggedy Andy for my son's first birthday (he's married & a tough attorney now--I'm sure it just fed his sensitive side!) When I stitched the little "I Love You" heart over the doll's chest, I felt a burst of....I don't know, something pretty intense. That was ages ago, yet I can still resurrect that feeling when I think of it. So wonderful to be able to produce something in your hands that is an expression of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment